Monday, February 18, 2013

Artificial baits vs. live baits

I have to tell all of you I used to think that live baits were best but I don't think so any more. Don't get me wrong I have had a lot of success with live bait and cut baits "real bait" but I have had about equal or better success with artificial bait. In fresh water I almost never have any good success with live bait. This could be for a host of reasons but the main reason behind it I believe is that some fishing spots are over exposed to live bait. I also think another one is that the live bait you buy is different from the bait in the water in that area. This is why artificial baits can work so good. You can change your artificial bait out at will. Try that with a bucket of live bait. On a recent trip out to mosquito lagoon I was able to catch a large amount of sea trout. I caught all of them using gulp baits. These baits are awesome by the way and %100 artificial you can use one piece of bait several times. I would recommend you try them on your next trip. The picture bellow is of the fish from that trip.