Friday, February 15, 2013

How to Catch a large mouth Bass?!!!

I used to wonder how I would catch these awesome fish. I would watch other people using different baits and techniques and try them in my own area. The truth is that most of these "techniques" are as specific as the areas that they come from. I actually sat down and thought about it and I was able to realize that these fresh water predators are a prey specific fish. What I mean by this is that you have to see what your bass in your area are feeding on. Whatever they are feeding on you need to use similar baits. So if you have chad or shiners that are being fed on use bait similar to them. I used to throw rubber worms all the time and expect to catch a monster bass.Will rubber worms work sure but they are definitely not the best choice. Most times I would cast out and reel in my worm and see some massive bass following it but it wouldn't strike. The only thing I can ascertain is that the fish was curious but did not think it should strike the worm. The only explanation for this is that the fish does not recognize this as a normal food source. I switched to mid water jigs that looked like their prey and they would slam the bait every time.These two fish that I caught were in my own neighborhood pond. Good luck and happy fishing!!!