Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Importance of buying good gear!!

I was out the other day and looking at some fishing gear and I noticed that a lot of the people were looking for something on sale or cheap. There is nothing wrong with trying to save some money but you have to keep one thing in mind. When it comes to buying most fishing gear it comes down to one simple fact. Quality over quantity. I want something that is well built and sturdy. Not some sort of cheap stuff that looks funny or like it will fail when I get some good action actually fishing with it. There is nothing worse than being "el cheapo" when buying the gear and then when you are fishing watching that same gear fail and not produce results. Like I said before if you can find some good gear on sale snap it up. But don't settle for less you will be sorry in the end. Another thing I have notice d over the years is that the cheaper stuff tends to last for shorter periods of time. I will use bait as an example. Take the gulp baits for instance. They are kind of pricey but you can use one piece of bait to catch several fish. And they are biodegradable as an added perk. So good luck and don't fall victim to "el cheapo".