Monday, March 18, 2013

Shallow water = Big fish!!

I know when you go out to fish you always have this nagging desire to go to the deepest waters possible. It is natural to think that the biggest fish will be lurking in the deep. Right? Well sometimes this is completely wrong. I just caught a five pound tilapia in about two feet of water just the other day. You would never thing that this huge fish came from such shallow water. But it did. So do not count out an area simply because it is not deep enough for what you think is deep enough. Just after catching this fish I actually stopped and thought about this a little more and I realized that most of the truly large fish that I have caught where in relatively shallow water not deep waters.  So don't limit yourself by sticking to the same deep areas. You should hit them all. Good luck and happy fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment