Friday, March 8, 2013

Open or closed reel?


There are many people who have trouble deciding what kind of reel they want to purchase. They look at open reels and closed and don't know what the differences are. I think this is common especially if you are just buying your first rod and reel. So let me help you decide which one is better for you. I like the open reel set up and believe that it will win over closed any time. Here is why. The open type reels offer you more control over your line. You have an open spool of line that you have direct access to and can work with if the need should arise. Closed reels are pretty much the exact opposite the reel is completely closed in by a case and you can only access it by removing the case. With most of them the line comes out of a tine hole at the top of the case. If there is a snag or you ant to use your finger to control the line you cant because it is covered hence the less control comment earlier. I believe this is why a lot of kids reels are manufactured in this was so they are simple enough to operate. Well there you have it I hope I have given you enough information to make a good decision. Good luck and happy fishing!!